According to our sources, during the recent protests at Sepidar Prison in Ahvaz, the Iranian regime’s oppressive forces have killed a number of inmates by direct gun shots on Monday, March 30, 2020. Feyzollah Mokhtari, 32 years old and single, was one of the murdered prisoners who had already spent 10 years in prison.
Prison Guards had first told Mokhtari’s family that he had committed suicide; however, after receiving his body, his family saw gun shot on to his head. In order to cover up the crime, his prison officials announced the cause of death to be suffocation.
It is also reported that families of detainees have been threatened by the intelligence unites not to take interviews. They were also forced to give a written testimony about their silence.
It is noteworthy that, following the recent riot in Ahvaz Prison, the number of deaths are unknown. So far, the names of 11 of them have been verified:
1. Mohammad Tamouli, 25, of Ahvaz, serving his 7 years long sentence
2. Seyyed Reza Khorasani, 38, married, of Dasht-e Azadegan
3. Mohammad Salamat, of Mash’ali neighborhood of Ahvaz
4. Shahin Zoheiri, of Khoramshahr
5. Mohammad, of Lofte – Ahvaz
6. Ali Khafaji
7. Majid Zobeidi, of Ahvaz
8. Sajjad Pishdad, of Modarres neighborhood of Dezful
9. Alireza Hajivand, of Modarres neighborhood of Dezful
10. Sajjad Mahruyi
11. Feyzollah Mokhtari