Mohammad Jabbari, Sanandaj’s prosecutor is known as the “Butcher of the People of Kurdistan”
Mohammad Jabbari, sanandaj’s public and revolution prosecutor who was formerly the head of the Intelligence Protection Department of the Kurdistan Courthouse, is one of the most brutal and corrupt judges known in Kurdistan Province.
In the embezzlement case of his cousin (then president of Kurdistan University of Applied Science) Yousef Rostami, he bribed the investigating branch and acquired the innocence decree regarding the defendant despite all the banking documents.
Among the specific cases in Mohammad Jabbari’s dossier of crimes are the following examples:
1. Repression, murder and imprisonment of the people of Sanandaj and Marivan, who had taken to the streets in November 2019 against the religious fascism regime ruling our country and against the murderous Khamenei.
2. Issuance of indictments against Sanandaj citizens protesting the downing of Ukrainian airliner by the IRGC.
Eleven locals of Sanandaj were arrested for participating in the funeral of Arvin Morattab and Aida Farzaneh, two of the victims of the Ukrainian airliner. This case was eventually referred to Branch 1 of the Revolution and Criminal Court of Sanandaj on charges of “insulting the Supreme Leader,” “disturbing public safety”, and vaguely titled charge of “assembly and collusion to disrupt the security of the country” by the approval of the prosecutor of the city and a warrant for arrest of these 11 citizens was issued.
3. During the April 2020 riot in Saqqez Prison (as the coronavirus was slaughtering the inmates in this prison and the authorities took no action to prevent its spread), Mohammad Jabbari threatened citizens who had helped escaped prisoners in any way, and after the extradition of Mustafa Salimi from Iraq to Iran, he called for his immediate execution; he was executed immediately.
4. He has a history of moral corruption and rape of juveniles.
On August 1, 2020, Avatodi wrote, “Mohammad Jabbari, sanandaj’s public and revolution prosecutor who was formerly the head of the Information Protection Department of the Kurdistan Courthouse, was indicted with charges of homosexuality and rape after a complaint was filed against him by three of the Kurdistan’s juveniles. The three teenagers, aged 16, 17 and 20, named Saman, Mohammad A, and Zanyar Q respectively, stated in a similar complaint: We were arrested for drinking alcohol in Sanandaj and taken to the prosecutor, Jabbari. He closed the door of the room and threatened that in addition to drinking liquor we will be charged with membership in “Kurdish anti-revolutionary groups” and that were under detention! We were so scared and really thought, ‘We were done with….” And of course, they remained silent through the threats and intimidations.
5. Mohammad Jabbari also requested a death sentence for political prisoner Hossein Kamangar at branch No.1 of Sanandaj Revolution Court on Monday, February 15, 2021.
The people of Sanandaj have written about him: This detestable face is the prosecutor of Sanandaj, whose hands have the blood of many innocents on them. He is the “butcher of the people of Kurdistan.”
The human rights center of “No to Prison-No to Execution”, and has repeatedly stated: “Judicial authorities, prosecutors, and prisons’ authorities, including Mohammad Jabbari, Sanandaj’s public and revolution prosecutor, who are responsible for issuing and carrying out such crimes , should be tried in fair trials.”
It is worth noting that in his last case on October 4, 2021, in the case of Faezeh Maleki, a 22-year-old girl who was set on fire by her father for honour issues, Mohammad Jabbari confirmed the news of the young woman’s death in Sanandaj due to burns, but called the spread of the news that her father has sat her on fire in cyberspace a “violation” (of law) and called for the disciplinary committee to deal with the doctor who had posted the news. He has also said that the young woman’s case does not have a private plaintiff!