Violation of Atena Daemi’s rights in Rasht Lakan Prison by its warden has been disclosed by the father of this political prisoner.
Hossein Daemi, the father of political prisoner Athena Daemi, has revealed in his personal account the flagrant violations of Atena’s rights conducted by the head of Rasht’s Lakan prison. He has informed that Atena is still banned from calling outside without the presence of an agent and that her life is in danger in this prison.
The human rights center of “No to Prison-No to Execution”, October 5, 2021- Hossein Daemi, the father of political prisoner Atena Daemi, has exposed the obvious violations committed by the head of Rasht Lakan prison regarding Atena Daemi and the continuation of restrictions on her for making phone calls, in his personal account.
In his memo, Hossein Daemi pointed to the continuation of Atena Daemi’s deprivation of making calls and stated that follow-ups by Atena’s family have come to nothing.
Hossein Daemi said the prison official insists that Atena makes her phone calls in the presence of prison guards, while this is against the law, and Atena refuses to do so. She considers making phone calls as her legal right.
Hossein Daemi pointed to the inappropriate treatment of Atena Daemi by the head of Rasht’s Lakan prison and said that other prisoners were threatened that if they communicated with or approached Atena, they would be prosecuted and deprived of the prison’s minimal facilities.
The memo also noted that contrary to the Law on the Separation of Crimes, Lakan Prison in Rasht is one of the prisons in which this law is not respected, and that is why Atena has been repeatedly threatened by the warden and other prisoners and her life is in danger.
The full text of Hossein Daemi’s Twitter post about the disclosure of the flagrant violations of the head of Rasht’s Lakan prison is as follows:
“I would like to mention a number of flagrant violations of rights carried out in Lakan Prison in Rasht by the prison officials:
1. My Atena remains deprived of the right to make phone calls and the follow-ups we have made have come to nothing.
2- The head of the wards, that I don’t want to name her and I think she would love to be named, insists that Athena must call in the presence of a guard. This is against their own law and Atena refuses to do so and considers making phone calls her legal right.
3. Unfortunately, the behavior of the prison officials, especially the head of the wards, is very inappropriate each time that Atena wants to meet her lawyer. I think such behavior is not related to her responsibility and she should know her limits.
4. For several times, Atena’s lawyer, Mr. Ramin Safarnia, has appeared in prison with a judicial order to meet with Atena, each time the woman has opposed and has insulted the honorable lawyer with harsh and offensive words, which is against the law. I consider filing a complaint against this woman as my legal right.
5. Unfortunately, another inappropriate act of this woman is to persuade and threaten the prisoners against my Atena, to the point that prisoners are threatened not to approach Atena otherwise cases will be opened against them or they will be deprived of minimal facilities.
6. Unfortunately, Lakan Prison in Rasht is one of the prisons where the separation of crimes does not take place and all types of prisoners of various crimes are held together, which has caused many problems for Atena. She has been repeatedly threatened by the head of the wards and other inmates.
7. Unfortunately, after Atena made a revelation from Lakan Rasht Prison, my Atena has been severely under pressure and my daughter’s life is in danger, while Gilan province has no authority in Atena’s case, but they are trying to ruin my daughter’s life.”