Record of suppression under Iran regime includes at least 350 executions, 3800 detentions and 112 state murders
According to the statistics center of the human rights center of “No to Prison- No to Execution” the record of suppression under Iran regime includes at least 350 executions, 3800 detentions and 112 state murders. According to this statistic, there has been an average of one execution and at least 10 detentions per day.
During large-scale protests, especially in the three major uprisings in Saravan, Khuzestan, and Isfahan, this suppression has manifested itself in government agents firing on people and killing or maiming them; vast arrests have taken place.
The general figures:
- 350 executions
- 3800 arrests
- 112 arbitrary killings
Execution in Iran in 2021:
In year 2021, at least 350 prisoners have been executed in Iran. The real figure is higher with no doubt as many executions are carried out in secrecy. Most of the executions have taken place in month of June.
The categorized statistics of executions are as follows:
- 317 men
- 17 women
- 7 juvenile offenders
- 9 political prisoners
The execution of political pirsoners:
- Hasan Dahvari: Charged with Moharebeh, Zahedan Central Prison, January 3, 2021,
- Elyas Qalandari: Charged with Moharebeh, Zahedan Central Prison, January 3, 2021,
- Ali Motiri: Charged with Moharebeh, Shaiban Prison, January 28, 2021. Ali was a boxer. He was on hunger strike along with political prisoners; Jasem Haidari, Ali Khasraji, Hosein Sailavi and Ali Majdam since January 24. They sew their lips to protest a ban on visiting, the mistreatment of the inmates by the prison agents, and the issuance of death penalty.
- Javid Dehqan Khalad: Charged with Moharebeh, Zahedan Central Prison, January 30, 2021,
- Jasem Haidari: Charged with Moharebeh, Shaiban Prison, February 28, 2021,
- Hossein Sailavi: Charged with Moharebeh, Shaiban Prison, February 28, 2021,
- Ali Khasraji: Charged with Moharebeh, Shaiban Prison, February 28, 2021,
- Nasser Khafajian: Charged with Moharebeh, Shaiban Prison, February 28, 2021,
- Haidar Ghorbani: Charged with “Baqi” and “cooperating with and membership at Iran Kurdistan Democratic Party, Sanandaj Central Prison, December 19, 2021.
Execution of Juvenile offenders:
Seven male juvenile offenders and one female have been executed in 2021.
- Bahaeddin Qasemzadeh: Urmia Central Prison. He was executed along with his brother who was paralized, July 4, 2021,
- Ebrahim Shahbakhsh: Isfahan Central Prison after being confined on narcotic related crimes for six year, July 25, 2021,
- Sajjad Sanjari, executed in secrecy without informing his family of the execution in Kermanshah Central Prison, August 2, 2021,
- Arman Abollahi: After being taken for execution and returned to his cell for seven times on charge of murder in Rajai Shahr Prison, he was executed in November 2021, after eight years imprisonment,
- Ali Akbar Mohammadi: He was 24 at time of execution, Neyshaboor Prison on charge of murder, December 6, 2021,
- Mohammad Tazehkar: Meshkinshahr Prison after 3 years in jail on charge of murder, December 12, 2021,
- One female juvenile offender, on charge of murder, Sanandaj Central Prison, January 27, 2021.
Execution of women:
17 women have been executed in 2021, including:
- One woman, on charge of murder, Ardebil Central Prison, February 8, 2021,
- Zahra Esmaili, on charge of murder, Rajai Shahr Prison, February 17, 2021,
- Maryam (Masoumeh) Karimi, on charge of murder, Rasht Central Prison, March 13, 2021.
- Nafiseh Pakmehr: on charge of murder, Tayebat Prison, March 14, 2021,
- Kobra Fatemi: 41 years old, on charge of murder and as her husband’s uncle, an IRGC member insisted on her execution, May 23, 2021,
- One woman, on narcotic related charges, Qazvin Central Prison. She was executed along with her husband after eight years in jail on May 30, 2021.
7,8 and 9- Three women, on charge of murder, Rajai Shahr Prison, September 8, 2021,
- Susan Rezaie: on charge of murder after 6 years in jail, Zanjan Central Prison, October 27, 2021,
- One women: On charge of murder along with her husband after three years in jail, Yasooj Central Prison, November 23, 2021,
- Maryam Khakpoor, 41, on charge of narcotic related crimes, after five years imprisonment, Isfahan Central Prison, November 25, 2021,
13, 14, and 15- Three women, on narcotic related charges, Kerman Central Prison, December 9, 2021,
16- Massoumeh Zareie, Amol Prison, after seven years in jail, December 14, 2021,
17- Fatemeh Aslani, on charge of murder, Isfahan Central Prison, after nine years in prison, December 19, 2021.
In 2021, at least 3800 persons have been detained in Iran. Having in mind that not all of the arrests are announced, this figure reflects only a segment of the arrests. Most of the arrests have taken place in month of August and the least number of arrests belongs to month of December.
The distribution of this figure is:
- Political arrests: 2050
- Arbitrary arrests: 467
- Social crimes arrests: 1229
- Arrests of the followers of other religions: 54
At least 112 persons have been killed by Iran regime’s agents.
According to published news, during year 2021, 112 Kolbars, fuel porters, fishermen, shepherds, retailers, and other citizens have been shot and killed by forces of border regiments, IRGC, sea patrols, SSF, security agencies, MOIS, plainclothes and Basij in various cities.
Eight have been killed in prisons and streets under torture. Four inmates have been killed in prisons.